If you thought it was too soon to start planning for CONEXPO 2020 – think again!
The once-every-three-years international exhibition and seminar, North America’s largest, is only 10 months away and that’s close enough to start checking your calendars to carve out some quality time to make plans to attend the event, to be held in the second week of March next year. With 2,800 exhibitors across 2,500,000 square feet and some 150 education sessions, CONEXPO is a “must attend” for serious construction industry professionals.
Every CONEXPO is a little different from the last and the 2020 event won’t disappoint. Gone is the Gold Lot – the traditional Mecca for “all things cranes” – to be replaced by a whole new experience a little under a mile away at the Las Vegas Festival Grounds.
That’s where you’ll find the Lift Safety Zone, NCCCO’s flagship exhibit which as usual will feature live crane and rigging demonstrations, sound safety advice from seasoned professionals, a major focus on crane inspections and full information on all 26 NCCCO certification programs.
New candidates and existing certificants alike will have an opportunity to take a wide variety of ANSI-accredited and OSHA-compliant NCCCO written, practical and recertification exams. And, thanks to NCCCO’s Visit CONEXPO – Leave CCO Certified program featuring onsite scoring and immediate test results, successful candidates will be able to walk away from the event knowing they are NCCCO certified.
Additionally, practical examiner workshops for many NCCCO programs will be conducted onsite before and after the exhibition so, if being accredited by NCCCO to administer practical exams is in your plans, be sure to extend your stay in town accordingly.
Although official schedules have not yet been released, we can also expect to see at CONEXPO 2020 a series of outstanding seminars and interactive workshops on a wide range of crane and rigging subjects.
Past presentation topics that seem likely to recur in 2020 include: responsibilities of onsite personnel; OSHA crane operator qualifications (including employer evaluation); lift direction and planning; causes and analysis of crane accidents; how to conduct effective crane inspections; and the selection and use of rigging hardware.
Five reasons to attend CONEXPO 2020:
- Lift Safety Zone - in the Festival Grounds, with live NCCCO crane and rigging demonstrations, focus on crane inspections, crane safety adviceand much more!
- NCCCO Information Booth (GL-10878) - located in the North Hall Lobby will have full information about all NCCCO certification programs as well as NCCCO’s activities around the exhibition.
- Certification Examinations - NCCCO written, practical and recertification exam administrations. Come to CONEXPO—Leave CCO Certified!
- Practical Examiner Accreditation Program Workshop - PEAP workshops for most NCCCO programs will be held before and after the main exposition.
- Educational Seminars - more than a dozen seminars delivered by internationally renowned experts delivering solid advice for best practices in craneand rigging safety.