Concrane Sales Inc. has been named the exclusive distributor in Ontario, Canada for Recom Moritsch’s new range of luffing jib cranes and low-top hammerhead cranes.
Recom Moritsch follows a path laid out over 50 years of experience by Ferruccio Moritsch, creator and founder of Comedil based in Fontanafredda (Pordenone), Italy.
“My family’s technical and business experience dates back to 1962,” explained Mariano Moritsch, managing director, Recom Moritsch. “Drawing on the experience we’ve gained has allowed us to pursue quality cranes featuring state-of-the-art technology.”
“My family’s relationship with Enrico Redigonda [President of Concrane Sales Inc.] began back in 1988 with my father, Ferruccio,” explained Moritsch. “Enrico sold the first Comedil crane in Ontario, amongst many others, which went on to build much of the downtown core in Toronto.” Moritsch continued, “It’s through Enrico’s expertise and ability to work with us and the customer to deliver the right custom crane for their needs that makes us proud to continue our relationship after almost 30 years.”
“We’re thrilled to be the exclusive distributor for this brand new line of cranes that we’re confident will be quite impactful in the Canadian construction industry,” said Enrico Redigonda, president, Concrane Sales Inc. “Based on some of the issues we’ve seen with other cranes on the market, and the harsh Canadian weather, we’ve been working with Recom Moritsch over the last year or so to help make improvements and upgrades to a time-tested design.” Redigonda continued, “These truly are cranes that have been designed with the Canadian construction industry as a whole in mind.”
Some of the improvements and features of the new Recom Moritsch crane lineup include:
• Larger hoist drum – takes 3,150 linear feet of hoist cable
• Larger boom drum
• Interchangeable hoist motor and boom motor
• Upgraded hoist and boom gear boxes
• Two load cells installed on the heel section of the boom for safety as opposed to the tip
• Emergency brake installed on the boom and optional on the hoist
• Automatic lubrication system installed for the turntable bearing
• A large, climate controlled cabin with the crane operator’s comfort and control truly in mind
• All electronic controls and drives are by ABB Electronics and allow for the hoist block level to maintain loads at the same elevation
• Software drives are available locally
• If a major electronic problem should occur, Recom Moritsch can remotely connect with the crane to troubleshoot
• The crane has been prepared for ESA inspection
• Stainless steal electrical panels to protect from rust and corrosion
• Electrical components are winterized
• The crane is designed to accommodate tower sections HA20 and HD23
• Galvanized catwalk, ladder, platforms and railings around the counter jib
• Structures are sandblasted and coated with an antirust zinc base (min. 80 micron)
followed by an additional coat of paint (min. 50 micron).
• Includes 24-month warranty from the day of purchase
Cranes are available complete with climbing system or top only if needed. An optional small transition section can be ordered to be used under the turntable from HA20 to the HD23 tower sections.