North America’s top 10 specialized lifting companies
By Hannah Sundermeyer08 June 2021
ACT ranks the top 10 specialized lifting companies.
The top 10 specialized lifting companies in North America were revealed in American Cranes and Transport’s March issue with its annual SL 50 The top 10 companies were as follows:
1. Mammoet Americas. The North American fleet gives it an ACT Specialized Lifting index of 372,800 tons. The company’s largest specialized lifting unit is a MegaJack with a capacity of 5,732 tons. Mammoet has 25 branches and 2,000 employees operating in both the U.S. and Canada.
2. Barnhart Crane & Rigging. With 1,550 employees and 55 depots, Memphis, TN-based Barnhart performs work in all lifting sectors in North America. Barnhart weighs in with an index of 301,181 tons and offers 6,000 tons of capacity with it’s Modular Lift Tower.
3. Fagioli, Inc. With a worldwide presence, Fagioli’s largest unit for specialized lifting is the Fagioli Self-Propelled Skid System. The system has a capacity of 70,000 pounds. With an index of 288,000 tons, the company owns 20 gantries, 146 other specialized lifting units and 596 strand jack units.
4. Emmert International. Based in Clackamas, OR, Emmert International secured a fourth place standing with an index of 82,350 tons. The company’s fleet includes four gantries, one rubber tired gantry, 1,055 other specialized lifting units and four jack strands. The highest capacity unit, the Emmert Lift System, has a capacity of 3,250 tons.
5. Edwards Moving & Rigging. Edwards recorded an index of 61,557 tons and offers 800 tons of capacity with it’s Hydrospex Strand Jack System. In business since 1961, the company solves transportation and rigging problems for over-sized and over-weight loads in industries across America.
6. Deep South Crane & Rigging. With a worldwide presence and 750 employees, Deep South clocks in with an index of 50,900. The Deep South Specialized Jack System has a capacity of 16,000 tons,
7. Bay Ltd. The largest specialized lifting unit in the Bay fleet is a Dorman Long Strand Synchronized Lift System, with a capacity of 15,400 tons. With 14 strand jacks, two gantries and three other specialized lifting units, the company has an index of 47,250 tons.
8. Buckingham Heavy Transport (A division of Wolfe House Movers). Buckingham Heavy Transport broke into the Top 10 this year. With 5 depots, the company has a Unified Hydraulic Jack Machine with a 12,000 ton capacity. The company lands at 26,700 tons in the ACT Specialized Lifting Index.
9. Bellemare Heavy Haul and Rigging. Canada-based Bellemare has six depots and 30 employees. The fleet includes six gantries, three ruber tired gantries and 553 other specialized lifting units. The company’s Hydra Slide HT500 has a capacity of 1,000 tons. The company has an index of 19,000 tons.
10. Doral Equipment. The company’s largest piece of specialized lifting equipment is a Riggers EZ Lifter 604 with a capacity of 600 tons. Doral has an index of 15,970 and 64 specialized lifting units.
To see the full ACT Specialized Lifting 50 list please see our digital issue at https://www.americancranesandtransport.com/magazines/american-cranes-transport-march-2021/8010679.article