ACT 100 reveals top 10 crane-owning companies
By D.Ann Shiffler08 June 2021
Ranking the top 10 crane-owning companies in North America.
The top 10 crane-owning companies in North America were revealed in American Cranes and Transport’s June issue with its 16th annual ACT 100. The top 10 companies were as follows:
1. Maxim Crane Works. With an ACT Index of 715,000 tons, Maxim has been at the top of the ACT 100 for 16 years running. The company’s largest crane is the Manitowoc 31000, which has a capacity of 2,535 tons. The company reports 61 branches and 3,750 employees. Maxim works all over the world.
2. Bigge Crane & Rigging. Based in San Leandro, CA, Bigge has 24 branches and 1,017 employees. With and ACT index of 214,590 ton, Bigge’s largest crane is a Liebherr LR 11000 with a capacity of 1,100 tons. Bigge is a major player throughout North America.
3. ALL Family of Companies. Based in Cleveland, OH, ALL reports an ACT Index of 170,288 tons. The company’s largest crane is a Manitowoc 21000 with a capacity of 907 tons. The company has 1,546 employees and 34 branches. ALL has a mixed fleet of crawlers and mobile cranes.
4. Lampson International. Based in Kennewick, WA, Lampson has seven branches and 300 employees. The company reports an ACT index of 128,233 tons. Its largest crane is the Lampson TransiLift LTL -3000, which has a lifting capacity of 3,000 tons.
5. Marmon Crane Service. With 2,175 employees and 48 branches, Marmon has an ACT Index of 120,704 tons. The company’s largest crane is a Liebherr LTM1700-9.1 with a capacity of 900 tons.
6. Buckner HeavyLift Cranes. Buckner’s fleet consists of several heavy lift cranes and the company competes heavily in the wind sector. With an ACT index of 99,884 tons, Buckner’s largest crane is a Liebherr LR-11350 with a capacity to lift 1,764 tons
7. Mammoet Americas. Mammoet’s North American fleet gives it an ACT index of 99,689 tons. The company’s largest crane is the Mammoet PTC 200 with a capacity of 5,000 tons. The Mammoet PTC 200 is tied with the Sarens SGC-250 as the largest capacity crane working in North America. Mammoet has 25 branches and 2,000 employees operating in both the U.S. and Canada.
8. Barnhart Crane & Rigging. Memphis, TN-based Barnhart performs work in all lifting sectors in North America. The company has 55 branches and 1,550 employees. Its ACT index is 86,973 tons and its largest capacity crane is the Demag CC8800 which will lift 1,375 tons.
9. TNT Crane & Rigging. Based in Houston, TX, TNT services a host of industries, including the important refinery business along the U.S. Gulf Coast. TNT has 41 branches and 1,400 employees throughout the U.S. The company has an ACT index of 82,351 tons. It’s largest crane is a Liebherr LTM 1750-9.1 at a capacity of 900 tons.
10. Beyel Brothers. With 9 branches and 100 employees, Beyel Brothres concentrates its services in the Gulf Coast region of the U.S. The company’s largest crane is the Manitowoc 21000 at 1,000 tons. Its ACT index is 68,245 tons.
To see the full ACT 100 list please see our digital issue at https://www.americancranesandtransport.com/magazines/american-cranes-transport-june-2021/8012671.article.