17 April 2008
• Were there defects in crane, rigging or equipment?
• Was a hazardous condition reported?
•Was there an equipment inspection procedure?
• Did the procedure detect the hazardous condition?
• Was the correct crane/equipment used?
• Was the correct crane/equipment available?
•Was their sufficient space?
• Did soil conditions affect this accident?
•Did wind or water conditions affect the operation of the crane?
• Were environmental conditions a contributor?
• Did job conditions anticipate the factors that contributed to the accident?
• Did the crane operator know?
• Was the operator mentally and physically capable of performing the job?
• Did the crane operator deviate from known job procedures?
• Was there a failure by supervision to detect or correct operator or
• equipment deviation from procedures?
• Was there a failure to initiate corrective action?
• Did a supervisor review the task?
• Was there a failure by supervision to detect, anticipate or report a hazardous condition?