how can employees protect themselves?
19 March 2008
There is no guarantee that an employee will not become a victim to workplace violence. To reduce the odds of this type of incident follow and train employees in these steps:
• Notify management or a supervisor of any concerns about safety, security, and report all incidents in writing immediately.
• Learn to recognize and avoid unsafe situations by attending training provided by your company.
• Avoid traveling alone into unfamiliar locations that may be dangerous.
• Carry minimal money and valuables, or provide proper security to prevent or minimize the risk of violence.
• Employers may also review the Workplace Violence Prevention Act at your current state or federal OSHA website.
Delivered directly to your inbox, World Crane Week Newsletter features the pick of the breaking news stories, product launches, show reports and more from KHL's world-class editorial team.
CONNECT WITH THE TEAM
D.Ann Shiffler Editor, American Cranes & Transport Tel: +1 512 869 8838 E-mail: email@example.com