The annual meeting of the International Crane Stakeholders Assembly (ICSA) March 8, 2017 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, was hosted by the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM) and the Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association.
This year marked the sixth meeting of the Assembly bringing together industry users and manufacturers from around the world to address key issues impacting the crane and rigging industry. During the all-day meeting, users and manufacturers split up into two sets of morning sessions and reconvened in the afternoon to review key items of importance to the crane industry worldwide, including the following:
- ESTA’s European Crane Operator Licence Project
- CICA’s Operator Competency Program - CrewSafe
- Cranes on floating barges
- Report on FEM/ESTA 2017 Wind Summit
- Stability calculations for long boom systems and wind effects
- EN 13000
- New York City safety bills under consideration
- Methods for calculating wire rope reeving system limits
- Erecting wind turbines: access roads and hard stands
The next ICSA meeting is scheduled for November 9, 2017, in conjunction with KHL’s World Crane & Transport Summit in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
ICSA Members include the Association of Equipment Manufacturers (AEM), European Federation of Material Handling (FEM), Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA), the Crane Industry Council of Australia (CICA) and the European Association of Abnormal Road Transport and Mobile Cranes (ESTA).