OSHA 1926.550 Cranes
24 April 2008
Top citations were failure to:• Furnish a crane operator's manual at the work site
•prior to operating the crane.
• •De-energizes electrical lines or maintains minimum clearance distances.
• •Obtain the manufacturer's written approval before making modifications to a crane.
• •A willful citation for not ensuring that deficient or defective parts identified by a safety inspection were not repaired or replaced before continued use of the crane.
• •Ensure that defective rigging was removed from service.
• •Operating a crane with improperly adjusted components.
• •Maintain a record and results of monthly crane inspections.
• •Clear visibility from all windows in the operators cab.
• •To provide anti-skid surfaces on all platforms and walkways on the crane.
• •To ensure that all special warnings or instructions were posted in that the controls were not labeled and load rating chart was not valid.