Keith Settle, CEO of Oxbo Mega Transport Solutions in the USA, will give delegates at the World Crane and Transport Summit an insight into a challenging project to transport wind turbine components for a wind power project in Oklahoma.
Oxbo Mega Transport, based near Portland, OR, used its Golhofer blade lifter earlier this year to transport some components, including 64 m long turbine blades, to the wind farm site.
Settle’s presentation will be on November 14, the second day of the conference, and part of a session dedicated to the safe construction of on-shore wind turbines.
The Summit is organised by ACT, International Cranes and Specialized Transport and KHL Group, and will be held in Amsterdam, The Netherlands, on November 13 and 14.
In addition to the Oxbo presentation, David Collett, president of ESTA and managing director of transport company Collett & Sons, will outline new best practice guidelines being prepared by ESTA, working with FEM (the European Materials Handling Federation) and VDMA Power Systems.
Following Collett’s presentation there will be a round-table discussion on safe wind turbine transport and construction, with the following panelists:
- Gerard Bastiaansen, managing director, Wagenborg Nedlift
- David Collett, managing director, Collett & Sons Ltd & President, ESTA
- Klaus Meissner, director engineering systems, product safety & IPM, Demag Mobile Cranes
The full program for the Summit has now been completed. For details and to book your place visit www.khl-wcts.com
The conference is supported by SC&RA.
- American Cranes & Transport
- Conferences & Events
- Cranes & Specialized Transport
- Heavy Transport
- Heavy Transport - Manned
- Heavy Transport - Non-manned
- Magazine Top Stories
- North America
- Oxbo Mega Transport Solutions
- Presentation rules
- Sector Top Stories
- specialized transport
- World Crane & Transport Summit
- World Crane and Transport Summit