The Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA) announced the winners of the Fleet Safety, Fleet Safety Improvement and Zero Accident awards during its Annual Conference, April 6-10, at the Omni Hotel at Champions Gate, Orlando, Fla. The contests are part of SC&RA's ongoing effort to encourage its motor carrier members to transport, lift and erect oversize/overweight items safely.
Five SC&RA member companies received a Fleet Safety Award for having the lowest accident frequency rate in different mileage categories:
- Over 50 Million Miles: Landstar System Inc., Jacksonville, Fla.
- 20 Million to 50 Million Miles: Bennett Motor Express, McDonough, Ga.
- 5 Million to 20 Million Miles: Riechmann Transport Inc., Granite City, Ill.
- 1.5 Million to 5 Million Miles: Unigroup Worldwide Specialty Flatbed, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- 100,000 to 1.5 Million Miles: Bridger Crane & Rigging, LLC, Boulder, Wyo.
Ten SC&RA member companies received a Zero Accident Award for having no recordable injuries during all of 2009:
- All Sunshine Crane Rental, Apopka, Fla.
- Bridger Crane & Rigging LLC., Boulder, Wyo.
- Emmert International, Clackamas, Ore.
- George Young Company, Swedesboro, N.J.
- George Young Installations P.R. Corp. Humacao, Puerto Rico
- Install, Inc. Sanford, N.C.
- Precision Heavy Haul, Inc, Tolleson, Ariz.
- Riechmann Transport, Inc., Granite City, Ill.
- Unigroup Worldwide-Specialty Flatbed, Fort Wayne, Ind.
- White Brothers Trucking Company, Wasco, Ill.
Eight companies earned a Fleet Safety Improvement Award by showing a reduction in their accident frequency rate for miles traveled, compared to their previous year accident frequency rate :
- All Sunshine Crane & Rigging LLC, Apopka, Fla.
- Bennett Motor Express, McDonough, Ga.
- Install, Inc., Sanford, N.C.
- Landstar Systems, Inc., Jacksonville, Fla.
- LeFebvre & Sons, Inc. Elk River, Minn.
- McTyre Trucking Company Inc., Orlando, Fla.
- Riechmann Transport Inc., Granite City, Ill.
- W.O. Grubb Crane Rental Inc., Richmond, Va.