This online OSHA 10-Hour Construction Industry Outreach Training Program course, powered by AdvanceOnline Solutions, is intended to provide general awareness on hazard recognition and avoidance for construction workers covering a variety of topics on general construction safety and health standards.
Upon successful completion of this OSHA construction course, an authorized OSHA Outreach Trainer will sign and mail an official DOL-OSHA 10-Hour card to the student. Online training must be completed within 180 days from the date of registration.
The program is designed to promote the importance of workplace safety and health and improve the knowledge of workers regarding workplace hazards and their rights under the OSHA Act.
OSHA limits all OSHA Outreach Training to a maximum of 7.5 training hours per day. As a result, all 10-Hour courses must be delivered over a minimum of two days.
Upon successful completion of this online OSHA construction course students will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of OSHA in providing a safe and healthful workplace to workers covered by OSHA
- Identify struck-by and caught-in or caught-between hazards associated with serious construction-related injuries
- Identify safe work practices around electricity, including understanding electrical terms, basic electrical safety principles, and regulations which pertain to electrical safety
- Recognize the dangers involved in excavations and how to take responsibility and work safely around trenches and excavations
- Identify types of fall hazards and how to prevent falls in your work environment by using appropriate fall protection
- Identify the crane safety requirements for the construction industry, and explain how to avoid accidents and identify hazards when working on or around cranes
- Recognize ladder hazards and ladder-related injuries and how to select, inspect, and maintain ladders
- Identify how to properly use, maintain, store, and dispose of materials including safe operation of cranes, rigging, and mechanical equipment
- Identify a confined space, its hazards, requirements for confined spaces as listed under the Confined Spaces in Construction Standard, and duties and responsibilities of confined space workers
- Select a variety of PPE based on a workplace evaluation and types of hazards
- Recognize types of scaffolds and how to safely use them.
This OSHA 10 Online course will cover the following topics and will need to be completed over a minimum of 10 hours:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Struck and Caught Hazards
- Electrical Safety
- Fall Protection
- Ladder Safety
- Excavation Safety
- Scaffold Safety
- Materials Handling
- Crane Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Permit-Required Confined Space Entry
To successfully pass the OSHA 10 Construction Online training course students are required to pass all tests in addition to the final exam. Trainees are required to achieve a score of at least 70% in three attempts or less.
A completion certificate will be immediately available for students to save/print once they have passed the course.
Who is this Course for?
This course is for entry-level employees who carry out construction work. Examples of construction job roles can include, but are not limited to:
If you require an OSHA 10-Hour qualification but don’t work in construction you may wish to book the OSHA 10-Hour General Industry Online Course