This interactive HAZWOPER 40-Hour online course will allow students to study at their own pace and learn how to operate in the safest possible manner in situations where contact with potentially hazardous materials is likely. The course will cover 28 comprehensive modules which are taught in a variety of formats including video, audio voiceover, student interaction, module assessment, content review and an online examination which takes place at the end of the training.
Successful completion of this online training will ensure awareness and promote safety among employees who may be exposed to chemical hazards in the work-site.
This certification course combines 32-hours of online study with 8-hours of OSHA required hands-on tuition and an online certification exam. Students will be required to contact customer services.
* Please Note - OSHA require hands-on training for students to achieve certification *
Upon successful completion of this OSHA 40-Hour HAZWOPER Online Course, students will:
- Understand the importance of the Health and Safey Plan (HSP)
- Know appropriate safety methods and work practice controls
- Understand how hazardous materials are handled, identified & how to respond to exposure
- Incorporate knowledge of what to do in the event of a site emergency
- Recognize various signs and labels that are used to alert personnel to danger involving hazardous material
- Receive certification for 40 Hour HAZWOPER Training under 29 CFR 1910.120
This 40-Hour HAZWOPER elearning course will cover the following topics:
- HAZWOPER Regulations
- Occupational Heat Exposure
- Safety Principles
- Competent Person
- Electrical Safety
- Fall Protection
- Planning and Organization
- Hazard Communication
- Chemical Hazard ID Systems
- Health Hazards
- Ionizing Radiation
- Medical Surveillance
- Respiratory Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Meters and Instrumentation
- Hand and Power Tools
- Material Handling, Storage & Use
- Motor Vehicles & Mechanized Equipment
- Powered industrial Vehicles
- Emergency Response Procedures
- Fire Protection
- Confined Spaces
- Handling Drums & Containers
- Sampling and Packaging
- Decontamination Procedures
- Site Controls
- Dress Out Exercise
The format for the assessment & examination of this online course is as follows:
At the end of each module students are required to complete a “knowledge check” assessment which requires a pass rate of 80% or higher.
The online examination requires trainees to achieve a pass rate of 70% or higher. Users are allowed 3 attempts to pass. If all 3 attempts are failed the course must be re-purchased.
On successful completion of the 32 hours of online training & examination, students will be required to contact customer services and book their practical assessment . These are run in 58 cities across the U.S. Once the hands-on training has been completed delegates will be required to take a final online examination. A hardcopy certificate and 40-hour HAZWOPER wallet card will be posted to successful candidates.
Who is this Course for?
This online 40-hour course applies to five distinctive groups of employers and their employees. This includes any employee who is exposed or potentially exposed to hazardous substances (including hazardous wase) and who are engaged in one or more of the following operations:
- Clean-up operations
- Corrective actions involving clean-up operations at sites covered by the RCRA (Resource Conservation and Recovery Act of 1976)
- Volutary clean-up operations at sites recognized by federal, state, local or other governemental body as uncontrolled hazardous waste sites
- Operations involving hazardous wastes that are conducted at treatment, storage, and disposal facilities
- Emergency response operations
The job role of someone wishing to take this online course may be, but is not limited to:
- Hazmat Operations
- First Responder
- Emergency Responder
- Site Safety Officer
- Site Supervisors
Please Note - OSHA require hands-on training for students to achieve certification